by Cap Allon, July 28, 2019 in Electroverse
Arctic air has plunged into ALL of transcontinental Russia this week, from east to west, north to south. In fact, average temperatures have been holding at least 8C below normal for vast swathes of the 17,125,200 km2 nation ALL MONTH.
And, over the past few days, a large number of new all-time record-low temperatures were set in the Magadan region, located to the east of the country, in northeast Yakutia (Sakha Republic).
I’ve listed a few of them below (data courtesy of (http://www.hmn.ru):
- On July 24, in Susuman, a record breaking -4.1C (24.6F) was observed — busting the previous daily record of -3.5C set back in 1973 (solar minimum of cycle 20).
- In Seimchan, -2.9C (26.8F) beat the previous record for the date of -2.4C (27.7F) from 1991.
- In Brokhovo, the new record low for July 24 is now 4C (39.2F), which surpasses the 4.6C (40.3F) from 1973 (solar minimum of cycle 20).
- The -1.4C (29.5F) in Talon comfortably ousted the -0.6C (30.9F) from 1973 (solar minimum of cycle 20).
- Tompo’s -0.3C (31.5F) bumped-off the previous all-time record 0.3C (32.5F) from 1977 (again, solar minimum of cycle 20).
- While in Zyryanka, the mercury fell to 2.7C (36.9F), busting 1956’s 2C (35.6F).