by Albert Parker, March 1, 2019 in Ocean&CoastalManagement
- • Japan has strong quasi-20 and quasi-60 years low frequencies sea level fluctuations.
- • These periodicities translate in specific length requirements of tide gauge records.
- • 1894/1906 to present, there is no sea level acceleration in the 5 long-term stations.
- • Those not affected by crustal movement (4 of 5) do not even show a rising trend.
- •Proper consideration of the natural oscillations should inform coastal planning.
See also here